Afrobeats is undoubtedly the unifying sound of African Club Culture. Whether you’re in Lagos, London, or Accra clubhouses, it is afrobeats because it is the go-to sound for most clubgoers. Meanwhile, afrobeats has appeared to be the most sought-after music genre. Out there and in one testimony you can appreciate the volume of people looking for “afrobeats clubs near me” on the internet.
Afrobeats, a genre that blends traditional African music with elements of hip-hop, R&B, and pop, has rapidly become one of the most popular forms of music in Africa and overseas. However, with its upbeat tempos and catchy melodies, Afrobeats is the perfect genre to get people moving on the dancefloor.
This is particularly true in two West African cities: Lagos, and Accra. London is also in the mix when you shine the light on the UK. And in these cities, Afrobeats clubs have become a staple of nightlife. Therefore, offering fans a place to dance, socialize, and connect with like-minded people.
Afrobeats Clubs Near Me: London, UK
London is also a city you can explore the vibrant and diverse Afrobeats music scene, and there are many clubs that cater to this genre. Some of the most popular and well-regarded Afrobeats clubs in London include:
- XOYO: People know this club for its diverse lineups, which often feature Afrobeats artists, as well as its state-of-the-art sound system and lively atmosphere.
- The Roundhouse: This iconic venue is also a hub for cutting-edge music and cultural events, and frequently hosts Afrobeats parties and concerts.
- Corsica Studios: This underground club is a favorite among London’s music lovers, and it is popular for its cutting-edge lineups and intimate atmosphere.
- The Afrobeats X London Club: The Afrobeats X London club is also worth checking out, as it is dedicated solely to Afrobeats and African music.
- Apartment 58: Apartment 58 offers a mix of live performances and DJ sets, along with a fun and lively atmosphere.
- Studio 338: It is an afrobeats club popular for its high-energy dancefloor and top-notch sound system.
- Shaka Zulu: This place is home to Afrobeats & Brunch because of its restaurant. The place’s Afro-inspired theme makes it a wonderful place to enjoy afrobeats music. This restaurant and bar can accommodate up to 850 guests whilst delivering excellent services.
- Pier One: This is yet another nightspot to enjoy afrobeats music in London.
- The Tunnel London: This weekend nightlife lounge is in the city’s center. It is decor is of modern West African themes and music genres that include Afrobeats, afro-bashment, hip-hop, etc.
- Smade Lounge: This is also a new afro-centric venue serving the finest cocktails and tastiest African meals in East London. SMADE Lounge‘s owner is Afronation and Yam Carnival founder, “Smade“.
London has a thriving Afrobeats scene, with many clubs and bars dedicated to the genre. Noteworthy is that the club scenes in London can be quite fluid, with new venues opening and old ones closing. So it’s always a good idea to check with locals or do some research to find the best Afrobeats clubs in the city at any given time.
Lagos, Nigeria is widely considered to be the home of Afrobeats music. So, most of the clubs cater to this genre. Some of the most popular and well-regarded Afrobeats clubs in Lagos include:
- Quilox: This is one of the largest and most popular nightclubs in Lagos, known for its high-energy parties and celebrity patrons.
- Terra Kulture: This cultural center and performance space is a hub for Afrobeats and other African cultural events.
- Eko Hotel & Suites: This hotel features a number of nightlife venues, including a nightclub that frequently hosts Afrobeats parties and events.
- Nike Art Gallery: In addition to being a world-renowned art gallery, Nike also hosts musical events and parties, including those that feature Afrobeats.
- The Place: This club is popular for its upscale atmosphere and top-notch sound system, making it a popular spot for Afrobeats enthusiasts.
- Eclipse: Eclipse provides a chic atmosphere, a top-notch sound system, and popular DJs who play a mix of Afrobeats, hip-hop, and R&B music.
- Sultra Lounge: Sultra features a blend of Afrobeats, hip-hop, and R&B music, and is a popular destination for young people in Lagos.
- Rumours Night Club: This club is located in the heart of Victoria Island, Lagos. There’s constant afrobeats music to dance to.
- Club Cubana: Cubana is one of the most popular clubs in Lagos. With a popular owner in Cubana Chief Priest, the club is always active with afrobeats artists, and enthusiasts.
It’s worth noting that the club scene in Lagos changes rapidly, with new venues opening and old ones closing. So it’s always a good idea to check with locals or do some research to find the best Afrobeats clubs in the city at any given time.
Accra, Ghana is also a hub of Afrobeats music, and there are many clubs and venues that cater to this genre. Some of the most popular and well-regarded Afrobeats clubs in Accra include:
- Republic Bar and Grill: This club is known for its high-energy parties and live music. This includes Afrobeats and other music genres. This place is a popular destination for young people in Accra.
- Kaya Lounge: This upscale club is a popular destination for Accra’s more affluent residents, and is known for its diverse lineups, including Afrobeats artists.
- Labadi Beach Hotel: Labadi Beach is a place filled with music, food, and beach vibes. Dancers come around to contest who dances best. The biggest names in music afrobeats history have performed here. Wizkid, Burna Boy, Davido, Shatta Wale, Sarkodie, Stone Bwoy, etc. Some of the biggest afrobeats festivals are held around here.
- Alanna Lounge: This club is famous for its lively atmosphere and upbeat music, including Afrobeats, and is a popular destination for young people in Accra.
- Rockstone’s Office: This venue is a popular spot for live music and cultural events, including Afrobeats performances. People know this place for its eclectic atmosphere and diverse crowd.
- Alliance Française d’Accra: There’s always a presentation of live music in this vibrant spot. This includes a large outdoor amphitheater with its landscape restaurant. This is all set in a lush garden. Different artists from different African countries come to perform here.
- Sandbox Beach: Sandbox Beach is around the Labadi area where African music are been enjoyed. This place serves drinks and food, with the best DJs having the latest hits on rotation. It is located opposite the French embassy. There is always a music band on ground to serve live music.
- Afrikiko: This is another place you can come to enjoy some of the best afrobeats live music.
- Duplex: Beer of any kind is served here alongside enjoyable afrobeats music. It is an old-school Accra nightclub.
- Twist: This is where to be if you want to see new-school afrobeats artists perform live.
Accra is equally a city with a vibrant Afrobeats scene, and there are many clubs in the city that cater to fans of the genre. One of the city’s most popular and biggest clubs is Vienna City. It offers live performances from some of the biggest names in Afrobeats, as well as a fun and relaxed atmosphere. It offers restaurant services and a cocktail bar, adding a casino to that. Another option is the Ebony Lounge, which is popular for its upbeat music and lively atmosphere. And is the perfect place to dance the night away.
Drawing the curtain
In conclusion, Afrobeats clubs are a staple of nightlife in Lagos, London, and Accra. Whether you’re looking for a high-energy dancefloor, a top-notch sound system, or a fun and lively atmosphere, there’s an Afrobeats club in these cities that will cater to your needs. So if you’re a fan of Afrobeats, be sure to check out one of these clubs. Experience the genre’s unifying sound and energy for yourself.